« Home | Is there a limit to how crazy one can get? This is... » | Creativity vs Elimination » | About what..??!! » | To blog or not to blog? Well, now, that's not real... » | The Mundaneness of Love » | I am Green..!!! » | I still need to go a long way... 31% of the test t... » | Well and I am not really a nerd... :-( Need to wor... » | Untitled.poem » | Litany ... » 

Sunday, May 01, 2005 

... it all matters...!

I had hinted about the problems faced by artistes, in a lighter vein. Nkk added a more serious dimension to it. Here is what he had to say -

"... Same is the case with me, infact more horrible. People ask you tell about your stories and so on .. But people ask me to draw their Bullocks, their grand mother, father, and I am sorry to say, their dead son (I am really sorry here). What should I do? My parents also have asked me to draw their parents' photos, of course I would be doing that out of affection and a kind of sincerity and love. The whole thing is differnt before my parents. Infact I many a times feel like doing it .. you know, attachment is one of the things that drives us. But, that is all. How should I respond to others? Those people at my village who many a times stand as our backbones, how should I reply to them? I am just sorry, and I can't even convey this to them. Infact I think that might be a weakness in me (rather, in us) by which we can not properly respond to all kinds of people around. Infact there is no reason why we should care to respond to others. But that is there because we are human beings and for unknown reason it all matters. ..."


Very True. I agree with your observations. They seem to cover many of my thougts too. But, I don't know how to answer the questions you have raised. Perhaps there is not much point in attempting to find an anwer either. It might not make any difference whatsoever. At the same time, empathizing with the last line you wrote, I won't ask, "How does it matter?"

Other Happening Places

Blogroll Me!

Regulars

  • Technocrat: The Serious Slashdot
  • Slashdot
  • Kernel Trap
  • Wikipedia
  • Kannada Wikipedia
  • Wiki News
  • The Hindu-Sunday Literary Review
  • Answers
  • Everything!
  • Metafilter
  • Interesting Links

  • Mathworld
  • Languages of India
  • Paul Graham's Home
  • Malcolm Gladwell's Home
  • Abbreviations
  • The Literature Page
  • The Quotations Page
  • Wiki Books