"The Global Connection"
Alright. I am back from quite a long break. Will write more about the break itself later. But for now, let me get back to blogging by responding to Ananthamurthy's article in the Times of India. I got this link via Uma. She says - "I agree with some of what he says, not all of it.", and asks - "But what do you think?". Well.. I, for one, would say, I agree with most of what he says.
In fact, I feel a tinge of excitement because I had posted something a couple of weeks ago that reflects the spirit of Ananthamurthy's article. In fact, my earlier post also had a passing mention of Ananthamurthy and his classic Samskara. After reading the article on The Great Lit Bazar, I felt more strongly about the validity of my questions/arguments. Also, his usage of the acronym IWEs (Indian Writers in English) sounds like a 'community' (like NRIs), and amuses me a bit. Despite all these happy effects, one can't avoid a little mischievous chuckle. One wants to ask this - "Agreed, fully, on Ananthamurthy's remarks about the IWEs craving for the global connection. But what about Ananthamurthy himself striving for connections, global and otherwise, and quite elegantly succeeding in finding them, right from the beginning of his career?"
In fact, I feel a tinge of excitement because I had posted something a couple of weeks ago that reflects the spirit of Ananthamurthy's article. In fact, my earlier post also had a passing mention of Ananthamurthy and his classic Samskara. After reading the article on The Great Lit Bazar, I felt more strongly about the validity of my questions/arguments. Also, his usage of the acronym IWEs (Indian Writers in English) sounds like a 'community' (like NRIs), and amuses me a bit. Despite all these happy effects, one can't avoid a little mischievous chuckle. One wants to ask this - "Agreed, fully, on Ananthamurthy's remarks about the IWEs craving for the global connection. But what about Ananthamurthy himself striving for connections, global and otherwise, and quite elegantly succeeding in finding them, right from the beginning of his career?"

