« Home | Shant! Gadadhari Bheem, shant! » | ಜಲಧರಾ ನೀನಿರು ದೂರಾ » | Hamsadhwani » | Egg it is? » | Distraction » | I don't fancy salvation. I only intend to end up l... » | Serendipity » | At times, the sheer beauty of the things that we h... » | Identify » | ಇರಲಿ ಬನ್ನಿ » 

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 

Finis.

It's been a little less than 2 years since I started this blog. It's been interesting experience. For the record, there are 175 posts before this; some of them good; more good could follow. But let me call it a day when I am still in decent form.

No. Wait. Don't be so happy. I am not quitting blogging. Only this blog shall be officially closed. It won't be deleted, however, since I might be interested in looking up some of my old good writings, specially during the late afternoon wistful moments. I shall continue to blog, hopefully more regularly, on my other blog. Its scope shall be expanded, although the central theme shall remain intact. In fact, if you have noticed, that blog has not remained true to the "About this blog", which is a good thing. (And some of the good writings here may be reproduced over there with suitable context eventually.) And let us now call it - Argumentation Crisis and Other Short Stories.

Let us resolve to move towards less stupidity. Towards light.
asatoma sadgamaya
tamasoma jyotirgamaya
mrutyorma amrutangamaya
Om! Shantih Shantih Shantih
Let the kindly light lead us....

Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!

Meantime, along the narrow rugged path, Thyself hast trod,
Lead, Savior, lead me home in childlike faith, home to my God.
To rest forever after earthly strife
In the calm light of everlasting life.

Well, and on that happy note... that's that, over here.

Other Happening Places

Blogroll Me!

Regulars

  • Technocrat: The Serious Slashdot
  • Slashdot
  • Kernel Trap
  • Wikipedia
  • Kannada Wikipedia
  • Wiki News
  • The Hindu-Sunday Literary Review
  • Answers
  • Everything!
  • Metafilter
  • Interesting Links

  • Mathworld
  • Languages of India
  • Paul Graham's Home
  • Malcolm Gladwell's Home
  • Abbreviations
  • The Literature Page
  • The Quotations Page
  • Wiki Books