« Home | I Loooove Microsoft...!! » | QOTD » | Of Souls, Idiots and the Truth » | Discovery » | Conversation Galante » | Hmmm.... » | Life isn't elsewhere... » | By the way, I forgot to mention one thing. The chi... » | My status messages and their impact on the "rest o... » | Man to Man » 

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 

Cyclic random(undane)ness ...!!

Read all my previous articles. As usual, the same feeling... 'why dont/cant I write more (regularly)?'. Sometimes, it is a feeling out of frustration. But it's mostly a nice feeling. Here, I recollect a piece of an expression from one of my favorite movies, American Beauty... Kevin Spacey says something like this - "It is a nice feeling to know that you still have the ability to surprise yourself". ;-) :-) :-D :-))

***

Have taken to slashdot off late. And boy... it is addictive...!! I should prefer blogging. It's certainly not as addictive. Er.. well.. Is that the reason I have not written anything since a fortnight?

***

Coding in 'C with classes' (DB project). I have started realising what Prof. Dinesha said to one of the juniors (6th batcher) who was enthusiastic about learning C++. Actually whatever he said is a gem of a quote - "If you want to know how a machine works, then learn C. If you want to know how a business works, then learn Java. Now, tell me what is it that you want to learn C++ for?"

I hear gops shouting, "STL... STL.." from somewhere. But I seriously dont know when and where I am going to use them. Well.. and I am not even distantly related to Alex Stepanov, so no obligations!

***

Veerappan and three of his associates, including his right hand man Sethukuli Govindan, have been shot dead by the Tamil Nadu STF.
This news hardly made an impact on me. The brigand seems to have moved far away from my life (??!!).

***

On my Mandrake Linux 10, xmms does not work (essentially hangs quitely!) if I try to run it thru *start menu -> programs*. However, it works impeccably well from the desktop shortcut that I created (as per Subbu's suggestion)!

***
I have been on blogger since July as opposed to a singular 'Aatma' that has been lingering since September. Moreover, I certainly have commented on more blogs than that Aatma (unfortunately, I can't say - "I've commented more than the Aatma has blogged", cos it rattles quite a bit!). So, am I not right in finding it downright obnoxious to note that the Aatma has 112 profile views whereas I have only 54??!!

I have a feeling that this Aatma is some evil spirit! You can get quite a few of them in my part of the world. They usually feel homely in/on old/huge Neem/Tamarind trees (and they usually speak to you when you have gone to finish your 'duty' late in the night/early in the morning!).

***

A thought just flashed across. I am thinking of making an anthlogy of my comments on various blogs (specially this blog). It makes more interesting reading than the articles I post.

***

I dont know why people want to come up with new paradigms. There are already so many of them. Leave apart knowing them, I cant even spell many. Moreover, they have all sorts of names. Names of the inventors, of their spouses/sweethearts, of their pets, of their alma mater, of their favourite scotch, of their favorite swear word.... well.. and what have you.

To add to these one of my friends is coming up with a 'paradigm independent paradigm' to efficiently create, store , retrieve, and track peanuts (aka artifacts), by far his favorite delicacy! A veteran in this field (I mean domain, not *field*), who has some magical powers through which he can realise anything from launching a rocket to eating peanuts thru a single well concieved *paradigm* that he has proposed, is guiding him. It is expected that this paradigm will have a name based on his favorite delicacy.


***

I am not compensating for not having written all these days. I am just waiting for the sunrise. ;-) ;-P


***

Hmmm... well... actually... after all this, I contemplate the first piece of gibberish. Why dont/cant I write more (regularly)?

Dont worry. More does not mean this much (and this kind). ;-) :-D

you are cranky, dude. go, get some sleep. dont try writing a comment in reply to this. wont work, i'm telling u. go and sleep. kundi myale maadi beelu, hogu!

pateeeeeeeellll, i really appreciate the propaganda u are giving to my blog... beware cos very soon no_of_words_u_posted_thru_comments will be <<<<< no_of_words_posted_thru_my_articles...

like mandy said... go get some sleep... by the way, looks like ur (old) status message (in yahoo messenger) seems to be making some sense now...

This is truly a 'harakiri' of sorts on your part guys! you failed to appreciate my good intentions :-D. I was only amused by the new 'paradigm' and not about the no_of_words in your blog gops, and about the popularity of your lately lingering 'Aatma'. ;-)

well, appreciated. ur good intentions are appreciated. anyways, even if the aatma is 'lately' lingering, u r not a veteran either, my friend! and about the profile views... well, u blog well, people get interested in u. ;) :P

Post a Comment

Other Happening Places

Blogroll Me!

Regulars

  • Technocrat: The Serious Slashdot
  • Slashdot
  • Kernel Trap
  • Wikipedia
  • Kannada Wikipedia
  • Wiki News
  • The Hindu-Sunday Literary Review
  • Answers
  • Everything!
  • Metafilter
  • Interesting Links

  • Mathworld
  • Languages of India
  • Paul Graham's Home
  • Malcolm Gladwell's Home
  • Abbreviations
  • The Literature Page
  • The Quotations Page
  • Wiki Books