"... we had been *there*..."
Yesterday noon, as I entered my room, I found a book lying on my bed. The title struck me immediately and caused a gamut of feelings at once, happiness, surprise, curiosity, a little aaahh... ooohhh... and 'ohho.... but why?'. All this, because I knew the meaning of finding Eliot's Four Quartets lying on my bed. I picked up the little book and turned the cover page, and as expected I found written there, "With Love, Mandy" .
I have almost all the poems by Eliot on my machine, except probably 'Four Quartets', and have read most of them. Well.. Eliot himself considered 'Four Quartets' as his masterpiece. They engulf and express everything... time, space, philosophy, mysticism, human nature, the relationship of human nature to time, to space... and what have you...
I read half the first quartet yesterday. Time is the theme. And time is circular in there! And do we move along the circumference of that circle? or do we move tangentially? or do we form some chords or sectors? I don't know...
Hmm.. what do I say... I can't thank him, for I am not used to doing that with family and close friends. So, I can't thank him. He does not accept my 'thank youuu soooo much' or 'tyaanks' either. So, I can't thank him. And I can't thank him (enough).
Well.. I would just say, in Eliot's words, (I and him), ".... we have been there; but I can't tell you where..". And when I say this, I would remind him that "we had been *there* ..." at least that night (or was it day??!! .. no .. night... or was it?), when we had copious amount of some strange and tricky aqueous material, in my room... then, "...we had been there; but I can't tell you where :-D ;-) "
I have almost all the poems by Eliot on my machine, except probably 'Four Quartets', and have read most of them. Well.. Eliot himself considered 'Four Quartets' as his masterpiece. They engulf and express everything... time, space, philosophy, mysticism, human nature, the relationship of human nature to time, to space... and what have you...
I read half the first quartet yesterday. Time is the theme. And time is circular in there! And do we move along the circumference of that circle? or do we move tangentially? or do we form some chords or sectors? I don't know...
Hmm.. what do I say... I can't thank him, for I am not used to doing that with family and close friends. So, I can't thank him. He does not accept my 'thank youuu soooo much' or 'tyaanks' either. So, I can't thank him. And I can't thank him (enough).
Well.. I would just say, in Eliot's words, (I and him), ".... we have been there; but I can't tell you where..". And when I say this, I would remind him that "we had been *there* ..." at least that night (or was it day??!! .. no .. night... or was it?), when we had copious amount of some strange and tricky aqueous material, in my room... then, "...we had been there; but I can't tell you where :-D ;-) "


yes, certainly i wudnt accept your 'tyanks'. why shud i? 'tyank u' is for 'outsiders'. i got that book for u because i thought of u when i saw it. i knew u wud love it. and i love to c my friends love something.
we (u and i) are villagers. we do not quite understand all the so called 'mannerisms' of the 'high-society'. so, a 'tyank-u' doesnt mean anything to us.
that book was nothing but an expression of the love of one halli-haida for another. :-)
Posted by
Mandar |
11:39 AM, October 26, 2004
ok. but still u dont quite seem to appreciate that aqueous material. i wish to have more of that. ;-)
Posted by
Sanket |
11:42 AM, October 26, 2004
Nice site!
[url=http://xisvvovi.com/fqvn/gsci.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cteglsfl.com/louj/cppn.html]Cool site[/url]
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:09 PM, July 19, 2006
Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:09 PM, July 19, 2006
Well done!
http://xisvvovi.com/fqvn/gsci.html | http://zdiolwmn.com/aytw/lhzq.html
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:12 PM, July 19, 2006